Harbour Fellowship Church began its public Sunday ministry on May 8, 1988. However, the Harbour story began years before in the minds of several people. These individuals were associated with Bethel Baptist Church in St. Catharines. A desire to begin a daughter church who would reach out to unchurched people was conceived in their minds and nurtured over several years. The culmination of the hard work of a good number of people was holding our first Sunday service on May 8, 1988.
Important Dates and Events:
* The name of the church was selected in the early part of 1988.
* The first service was held on May 8, 1988 at Gracefield School in Port Dalhousie.
* Harbour Fellowship organized as an Independent Baptist Church in January 1989.
* Harbour Fellowship Church was recognized as part of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada (FEBCC) on April 29, 1989. The First Annual Congregational Meeting was held on January 18, 1989. At this meeting the charter membership was signed and a budget adopted.
* The church relocated to Henley Square Plaza in December 1993.
* The church moved to its current location (51 South Service Road) in February 1996.
* A building addition began in the fall of 1998 but was demolished by fire in July 1999.
* Re-building of the addition began, and opening of the new addition took place in March 2000.
* In June 2004, Jeff Bennett begins his ministry as Harbour’s Lead Pastor
* In our 20th year, a 5 year vision was launched. Harbour25 directs our outreach and activities.
* In our 25th year (2013) we celebrated the completion of of our Harbour25 vision and launch a new Harbour30 Vision. Look Up – Live Deep – Lead Out
God’s continuing faithfulness sustains the ministry of our church. We are thankful to those who laid the foundations for a church whose mission would be, “Walking with people from disenchantment to discipleship.” As we look back with thankful hearts, we look forward expectantly, knowing that the Lord has a purpose for us here in the city of St. Catharines and the Niagara Region and he will accomplish it.