Each day we are faced with many opportunities and decisions individually and as a church. Establishing values rooted in Biblical truth provides a filter which helps us choose good over bad and then best over good. It sharpens our focus, protects us from simply being busy and helps us accomplish our mission.
As a community of believers at Harbour Fellowship Church, we affirm our core values:
God is above everything. We honor and revere God. We accept the Bible as His absolute authority and surrender to the Holy Spirit in matters of life and faith.
- Do I surrender to God’s authority and the leading of the Holy Spirit in all my decisions?
- Psalm 138:2b – “you have exalted above all things your name and your word.”
We are all on a journey. Jesus desires that we come to know him intimately and become increasingly like Him.
- Am I getting to know Jesus better and becoming more like Him?
- Romans 8:29 – “be conformed to the likeness of his Son”
We are outwardly focused believing God’s message of new life is best conveyed in the context of a meaningful relationship.
- Do I have caring relationships with those who are apart from God?
- Mark 16:15 – “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation”
We are looking for opportunities to extend God’s grace to all people and include them in our lives, families, friendships and church.
- Do I make efforts to welcome people in my world?
- Romans 12:13 (MSG) – “be inventive in hospitality.”
People thrive when relationally connected; pursuing Christ together. These relationships are characterized by mutual love, service, support, accountability, and encouragement propelling spiritual formation.
- Do I share deepening spiritual relationships with other believers?
- Hebrews 10:24 – “Consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.”
We all have been given gifts and abilities by God. We will have our greatest impact as a community, accomplishing the vision God has given us, when every person uses their God given abilities to build His church.
- Do I serve in accomplishing Harbour’s mission?
- I Corinthians 12:7 – “To each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.”
Places and times are designed with creativity and excellence to intentionally engage people.
- Do I contribute to making environments that are compelling and helpful?
- I Corinthians 10:31 – “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
We must be people who are compelled and gripped by these values