- Resumes will be accepted until May 10, 2019
- Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Summer Ministry Intern will report to and be mentored by the Director of Family Ministries. They will work alongside the Family Ministries Team to lead and develop programming for children, youth and summer camp ministries. It will involve teaching, leading teams, curriculum implementation, event planning and administration. The successful candidate must have a passion for the next generation and the local church.
- Be between 15-30 years of age.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
- Have a valid social insurance number and are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- 30 hours per week for a total of 9 weeks at $14/hour
- Must be available all-day July 8-12 and 14-19
- Temporary: May 27- July 26, 2019
- Teaching:Lead groups of kids and youth based on curriculum material.
- Team Leadership:Lead volunteer teams in various programs and activities providing guidance and supervision.
- Collaboration: Work alongside other staff and interns in a team setting.
- Curriculum Implementation:Work with our summer camp curriculum to create excellent daily programming for summer camps. This will include various elements from interactive activities, crafts, outings other creative elements.
- Event Planning:Develop and lead special events for kids and youth along with the Family Ministries team that promote community outreach.
- Administration:Oversee camp registration, payments, parent and volunteer communication, and website updates.
- Care:Provide care and leadership to children and students when needed, and under guidance of Family Ministry staff.
- Special Needs:Work with the Family Ministries staff to provide extra support for students and kids with special needs.
- Social Media:Provide support and monitoring of our social media profiles and platforms.